Bidets attachments are known for hygienic cleaning and easy installation. In fact, no professionals needed to remove a bidet at home. There are mainly two bidet seats available in the market: electric and non-electric. Both attachments are easy to install and uninstall manually. So how to remove a bidet seat?
Simply First, turn off the main water source, flush the water tank and hold it until it’s empty. Now pull off the cold water pipe and “T” valve from the tank’s base. Remove the existing one manually if you want to adjust or re-install a new bidet seat. After that, place your new bidet and modify the installation according to need.
It’s much easier than it sounds if you follow the step-by-step process. Whether it’s an electric or non-electric bidet seat doesn’t matter. This article will guide you to the end of the process of removing the bidet with precautions.
How to Uninstall a Bidet? – Electric and Non-electric Seats
Removing a bidet seat doesn’t require professional experience, but some plumbing tool is essential. So first, you should gather the equipment to uninstall your bidet. The next step is shutting off water supplies and removing bolts from the toilet. Similarly, we go through every effort to complete the task in minutes.
Collect Tools To Remove A Bidet Seat
Before removing a bidet seat, bring the following tools
- Adjustable wrench helps you to lose or tighten the pipelines
- Teflon tape required to cover any damage
- A screwdriver for additional adjustment
Gather these tools in one place and start the below steps.
Shut Off The Main Water Supply
The first is to shut off the main water supply from your bidet. This attachment is located behind your toilet.
- Go behind the toilet and Leans down
- Rotate the valve clockwise
- This action will shut off the water source from your toilet
The process is applicable for both electric and non-electric bidet seats.
Disconnect Electric Outlet And Drain The Pipe (electric models only)
Now it’s time to disconnect the electric outlet cord from your bidet. Non-electric versions don’t have this function, so avoid it.
- Electric bidets connect with the circuit board located behind the toilet
- Turn off the switch and Pull the cord from the outlet
- If your bidet has a draining option, click it
- The process will remove excess water available in the toilet
Flush the Water Tank
It is vital to flush the toilet tank before removing your seat. The process prevents getting messed up in your area. So follow the steps below
- Pull down the flush button
- Hold it until the tank becomes empty
- Open the upper cover to double check
- Keep the item in a secure place or cover the tank
Now it’s time to remove water hoses from your bidet.
Remove The Water Hose
Water hoses connect your bidet and toilet tank to the main water pipeline. Removing them is essential to pull off your seat quickly. So follow the steps below
- Check out the water hose that connects to your bidet seat
- Rotate the attachment anticlockwise to remove
- Now disconnect the other end of this hose that attaches to the “T” valve
- Follow the same rotation to remove it
- After that, remove the water hose that connects to your main water supply
- Similarly, rotate anticlockwise to pull off the pipe
Pull Off The “T” Valve
After removing the water pipes, disconnect the “T” valve from your toilet. This attachment holds the connection between the main water supply and your bidet.
- Visit the base of your toilet tank
- You will see the “T” valve here
- Use a wrench to pull off the attachment
- Grab the connection and rotate anticlockwise to remove it
Remove The Existing Bidet Seat
After following every step, you now come to the vital part: removing the existing bidet seat. The cover is mainly secure with bolts and mounting plates. So remove these attachments with proper care. Follow the steps by step process discussed below
- Pull the cover that secures bolts underneath
- Use a screwdriver and rotate the threads anticlockwise
- That’s how you can easily remove the bolts
- Now pull out the mounting plate and place it securely
- Remove the existing bidet seat from your toilet
So that’s the process to uninstall a bidet. If you want to adjust or install a new bidet, follow the steps below.
Adjust or install A New Bidet
Adjusting or installing a bidet seat is also easier for users. You need to follow the step-by-step process for it.
- First, clean the upper portion of your toilet
- Use detergent to clean the space
- Apply a fresh cloth to remove excess water
- Place the mounting plate
- Now insert bolts on the attachment
- Place your new or existing bidet seat and push toward the tank
- Adjust the cover according to the need
- Repeat the opposite process that we use to remove water connections
What is the cost of removing a bidet?
The cost of removing a bidet depends on your bidet type and attachment. Most plumbers charge between $565 -$1,239 for the task. However, if you follow the process we discussed above, you don’t need any plumber’s help. So read our “How to uninstall a bidet” and save plumbers’ costs.
How To Replace A Bidet’s Lid?
Replacing a bidet lid is easy when following an exact process.
- First, locate the lid connection available on each side of the bidet
- Pry the lid by pulling outside
- Apply the process for both sides, and you will remove the existing lid
- Bring your new lid and connects the damper by pressing inward pressure on both sides
How to Clean a Bidet Seat or Attachment?
Cleaning a bidet seat or attachment is essential. The washing methods should be followed every few months. It will help prevent bacteria from building up on your toilet.
- First, remove the seat from your toilet
- Wash them with kitchen soap or detergent
- Use a fresh cloth to wipe out excess water
Remember, a wrench, screwdriver, and Teflon tapes are essential to complete the task. Always ensure the power supply or central water hose is disconnected before starting the job. After that, you should remove the pipes and the “T” valve. These connections mainly supply water to your tank and bidet. Now open the lid, lose the bolts and easily remove your existing bidet seat. Indeed, the process is much easier than you think. If you want to know more about bidet attachments, follow this website.