Being a yard owner, maintaining our landscape is not an easy task. Every season brings new challenges for the caretakers. Most commonly, the cleaning process of large or medium size yards. Timely maintenance is vital to keep our backyard fresh and enjoyable. For that, most owners use lawnmowers and their attached equipemẹnts like lawn sweepers and baggers. However, What to choose in the market of lawn sweeper vs bagger?
Lawn sweeper and bagger are both used to collect debris from your gardens. However, the main difference is debris types collected by “these lawn broms”. Experts say baggers help manage overgrown grass or in the clipping process. On the other hand, a lawn sweeper works best to collect organic matter or fallen leaves.
However, this is not the only reason you should check before buying. Both lawn sweeper vs bagger has different construction and features. They both are helpful equipment when it comes to yard cleaning. So below is the detailed review of lawn sweeper vs bagger. Dropdown to know their pros/cons, durability, and effectiveness on different gardens.
Lawn Sweeper vs Bagger 2023
What is a lawn sweeper?
A lawn sweeper is a leaf sweeper, originally a garden tool. This tool collects different debris from your garden. It clogs during your wet grass cleaning. Most importantly, a lawn sweeper works effectively on extensive gardens or lawns. Indeed, this tool collects different types of debris like leaves, pine needles and manages pine cones, acorns, and twigs. Lawn sweepers also come in different styles. The followings are
- Push lawn sweepers work best in small gardens
- Tow-behind lawn sweepers that easily attach to riding mowers
- Power sweepers are designed to collect more debris from large lawns
PROs of Lawn Sweeper
- These tools are designed to work in different types and sizes of lawns
- A lawn sweeper has a large capacity to collect debris
- Collect various type of debris
- Different sizes and variety of lawn sweepers are available
- Its design to avoid damaging your grasses
- Adjustable Swiping height for a different type of lawn mowers
- Easy to operate tool for lawn cleaning
CONs of Lawn Sweeper
- Take a lot of space
- Avoid using on bumpy terrain
- Too much wind can throw the debris from open hoopers
- Best works in large lawns otherwise, it can be overpriced for owners
As mentioned, different types of lawn sweepers are available in the market. Some are best in small gardens with few debris. While some are best in extensive lawn cleaning. Push type, Tow-behind lawn, and Power sweepers are three common lawn-sweeping tools.
- Push sweeper adds small rotating brush to collect few quality debris
- Tow-behind design to hooked in riding mowers
- Power sweepers are equipped with gasoline engines. Its blades rotate much faster to collect large quantities of debris
Lawn sweepers come in different sizes and designs. Push sweepers length around 21-26inches with chassis thickness of 2.36 inches. Tow-behind 48 inches to 51 inches. Power sweepers length between 10-12 feet. The average lawn sweeper’s “sweep path” is 44 inches. Its brush-to-wheel ratio is 5:1:1. Its hopper bag capacity is approx 25 cubic feet.
Lawn sweepers are mostly used with riding mowers. So it costs around $340-$500 in the market. Still, the price can depend on the type and size of the lawn sweepers. Most lawn sweeper tools come with two years of warranty and $200 price range.
Safety and Maintenance
Lawn sweepers are easy to install with your riding mowers. All required attachment features are available for users. Due to its large hopper size, this garden tool collects more debris from your lawns. There is little maintenance required for these sweepers.
What is a Lawn Bagger?
Lawn Bagger is a grass collector that attaches behind the riding or pushes mowers. So this is a mower accessory popularly known for collecting overgrown grasses. These collectors have fewer capacity than lawn sweepers. Besides, two varieties of baggers are available in the market: the traditional type and vacuum leaf. There is no special mechanism to collect debris from your lawn. Indeed, baggers rely on airflow to open hoppers and pick debris. Vacuum leaf baggers are more advanced that includes a hose to suction lawn debris.
PROs of Lawn Bagger
- More effective while cutting grasses
- Easy to operate mower accessory
- Most commonly used to collect grass clipping and fallen leaves
- Different sizes available to get more space or capacity
- There are fewer maintenance required
- Left no mess after grass clipping
- Redistribute natural resources on your lawn
CONs of Bagger
- It relies on the power of your mower
- Enable to collect trash from your lawn
- Clog easily
- Perform badly while collecting wet grass
- Not much effective in collecting different debris
- There are no unique mechanism to clean your lawn
- Time-consuming in large lawns
Design and size
Different sizes and capacity lawn baggers are available in the market. An average hooper bag capacity is 7.4 cubic feet. Baggers collect a relatively small amount of debris from your lawn. On average, you can find maximum 42-54 inches wide bag hoopers. This is a type of lawn bag that is designed to attach to mowers. Rotating blades (mowers) create room in baggers to collect debris.
The cost of the lawn baggers varies in size and design. Large ones charge more than small baggers. However, it is common that baggers are much cheaper than lawn sweepers. Average bagger charges around $less than 200- $500. Almost every product comes with a two-year warranty and other benefits.
Safety and Maintenance
Baggers need minimal maintenance to last longer. This is a quick attach mower accessory. It means you can connect, use and remove the bagger till the next play. Talking about its safety, there are no harmful activities that pop during the use of baggers. In fact this is a convenient and storage-friendly accessory.
FAQs Related to Lawn Sweeper Vs Bagger
Below we answered the most asked question about lawn sweeper vs bagger. Dropdown to clarify some queries.
Is a lawn sweeper worth it?
From grass clippings to trash and pine needles, lawn sweepers can collect all types of debris from your lawn. In fact, this garden tool is more effective for large lawns. Easy to use tool that has its cutting mechanism. So that users can cut down unwanted things from their gardens.
When should you use a lawn sweeper?
Expert says, a lawn sweeper is more effective when your lawn is full of fallen leaves. Indeed, it is easy to collect dry leaves through the sweeper. Large capacity and unique mechanism quickly pick the debris from your lawn. It is recommended to play with your sweeper when the property is dry rather than wet.
Do lawn sweepers pick up grass?
Yes, a lawn sweeper can pick dry grass cuttings and leaves. The design includes ample hooper space to collect the debris. Owners should attach the sweeper with a mower and collect grasses from their lawn.
Conclusion- Which one is more preferred?
So this is the detailed review of lawn sweeper vs bagger. Owners with big yards who avoid cleaning on their own should buy a lawn sweeper. The special cutting mechanism and large capacity make the sweeper effective on large lawns. It collects more debris including trash, clippings, grasses etc. On the other hand, baggers are best to collect overgrown grasses. It costs half of the lawn sweeper and is effective on small yards.