A Clean Faux Fur Rug brings an attractive aroma to your living. Soft texture and fluffy appearance make these rugs a favorite item for homeowners. Everyone loves the cloud comfort and warm feeling of rubbing their feet on a faux fur rug. However, Due to long-term use, faux rugs became dirty, hard, and smelly for users. So, how to clean faux fur rug?
Two methods are available. The first is machine cleaning, and the second is hand washing. However, proper cleaning methods are vital to maintaining the quality of these rugs. For example, using only lukewarm or cold water, cleaning at gentle cycle, using fabric softener for delicate washing, and others.
So, It is recommended to read washing instructions for cleaning your Faux Fur Rug. Indeed, the manufacturer already mentioned what suits their carpet best. You should also follow the gentle cleaning process for these fur rugs. Also, we have mentioned requirements and each step to clean your faux rug to get it back as new.
2 Simple Faux Fur Rug Cleaning Methods
We are repeating! Always follow cleaning instructions for your faux fur rug. It will prevent damaging the fabric and increase the longevity of your carpet.Also, you can check below a video on how I clean my faux Fur Rug.
1. Machine Washing of Faux Fur Rug
If your guide allows the machine washing, start following the steps. Before throwing a faux fur rug into the machine, you should know certain requirements.
- A mild detergent or fabric softener
- An active washing machine that is manually adjustable
- Use cold water only
- Throw your faux fur rug into the washing machine with cold water
- Adjust the setting to the least rotating speed
- Add mild detergent or fabric softener that offers more delicate cleaning for the rug
- Complete the cleaning in the single wash cycle
- Remove the carpet from the machine barrel
- Hold the carpet in its natural shape and shake it delicately to remove water
- If it’s not working, use a sponge or clean towel to eliminate excess water
Strictly follow the step-by-step process to maintain the fabric and texture of your fur rug.
- Avoid using any colors
- Never use Laundry Detergents to clean faux fur rug
- Do not put any other clothes while washing a fur rug
2. Hand Washing of Faux Fur Rug
Either you can wash faux rugs in machines or use your hands. This method is also very effective in cleaning and maintaining the fur quality of your Faux Rug. But first, you have to know the requirements for this step.
- A Half filled tub of cold water or lukewarm water
- Mild detergents or fabric softeners
- A fabric-friendly brush or vacuum
- First, bring the Half filled tub
- Add a few quantities of detergent or softener
- Pour the carpet into the solution
- Identify the dirtiest spots on your rug
- Gently rub the carpet where you want
- Use a brush to remove sticky stains
- Hand wash the carpet for minutes
- Pull it out from the tub and place it on a flat surface
- Apply a clean cloth to soak water quickly
- Use an adjustable vacuum to boost the absorption
- Avoid squeezing the carpet, which can damage furs
- Pour clean water if the rug is too filled with water and detergent
So, these are the complete steps to clean faux fur rugs without damaging their quality. Now it’s time to know vital precautions while washing these sensitive carpets.
Precaution While Washing Your Faux Fur Rug
- Avoid leaving any dust particles on your rug. It can damage the fur that provides cushioning on your feet. You can use vacuums to remove small molecules.
- Try to use a solution (water and detergent mix) filled bottle sprayer when cleaning a big carpet. Spray the mixture directly on the rug and leave for a certain number of minutes
- Avoid scrubbing these fur carpets too hard; otherwise, it can damage the cushioned comfort.
- Avoid using floor machines that provide hush cleaning for this type of rug. It’s better to apply on polyester-made carpets.
- Try to apply clean water to rinse off excess soap from the fabric.
How to Dry Your Faux Fur Rug? (Do’s and Don’t)
After washing your faux fur rug, it’s time to dry the carpet for reuse. But the question is, how should you dry these types of carpets appropriately to bring it’s fluff back? We explain the methods in the do and don’t format.
Don’t Follow These Practices.
- Many people use dry cleaners or heat dryers to soak rugs water quickly. It works but leads to damaging the fabric. When you apply too much heat on the fur, it becomes hard and does not feel cushioning.
- Similarly, avoid throwing this type of carpet into a drying machine; the result will be the same.
- Many people hang their fur rugs without drying excess soap and water. A wet rug became heavy when filled with liquids. As a result, the fabric textures are damaged and cause the irregular shape of the carpet.
Do Follow These Practices.
- If you don’t want to vacuum or dry the rug with machines, leaving the carpet outside, under the sun is better. A windy day is also perfect for this task.
- Try to hang your rug on top of the roof. You can use strong plastic hangers to rest your carpet.
- You can use a fan or a hair dryer in a low setting to dry the carpet. This method is effective when outside is cold or cloudy.
- Leave the faux fur rug overnight to dry more efficiently.
Below we listed the most asked questions related to the topic. Dropdown to get your quick answers
How to Get Rid of Odors From Faux Fur Rugs?
Pet urine, foods, and other liquids mainly develop a bad odor on your fur rugs. It can be very annoying and cause a smelly room. When you face the same problem, sprinkle some baking soda on your rug and leave it for 10-12 hours. Now wash the carpet or remove baking soda by using a vacuum.
How Do You Make A Faux Fur Rug Fluffy Again?
More extended use makes these fur rugs hard. You can wash the carpet by following our steps and make it fluffy or soft again. Remember the precautions while cleaning this type of rug.
Can You Put Faux Fur in the Washing Machine?
After ensuring the cleaning instructions, you can put a faux fur rug in the washing machine. Otherwise, you can damage the fabric and make it non-usable.
How Do You Fix Matted Faux Fur?
The best way to fix matted faux fur is to use a brush. Rub the spots using this tool; it can remove dirt, small particles, and even any knots and tangles in the fabric.
Can You Vacuum a Faux Fur Rug?
You can vacuum these carpets to dry and remove small dirt particles. However, try to maintain a low vacuum speed while using fur rugs.
Undoubtedly, theses methods are effective in getting your desired result. You just have to understand vital precautions for rug cleaning. Remember, laundry detergent, chemical soap, and color can damage the fur of your carpet. Besides, certain conditions can also make your rug hard. So strictly follow the cleaning rules by reading our complete guide