A bathroom is a personal place where most people decompress their stress. However, shower Tiles became dingy and dirty with time. The build-up of Mold, mildew, and soap scum are the reason behind such conditions. Obviously, you wouldn’t like to stay in a dirty place. In this case, most people start hard scrubbing to clean their shower tiles and it can damage your tiles. So, How to Clean Shower Tiles Without Scrubbing?
Sometimes, scrubbing does not work properly to clean dirt and causes damage to your tiles. To clean tiles easily, you need to break down the dirt with the proper solution. Where using baking soda, vinegar, hot water, and other components is effective in Clean Shower Tiles in natural ways.
These items help to loosen the grimes and break down sticky dirt from tiles. As a result, your shower tiles prevent chemical compounds, and no need for hard scrubbing. So, In this article, you will find 8 effective ways to get your bathroom clean as new.
8 Effective Ways to Cleaning Shower Tiles Without Scrubbing
Today’s dirty shower tiles will become annoying in the future. So it is important to maintain a fresh and hygienic bathroom and its equipment.
Note:- washing the tiles with hot water and steam helps to loosen stubborn dirt and grime. This process makes cleaning more convenient.
1. Steam Cleaning
This is the best solution if you don’t want any chemical or homemade compounds. These cleaners use a handheld hose that releases a high-pressure stream. Apply the hot water directly on your tiles or grimes particles. This process will turn the dirt into wet smudge and wipe out the grouts.
However, you may need to clean the tiles area-wise. So it may take 5-10 minutes to complete the cleaning. Still, the process doesn’t damage your pricey tiles and naturally rinse off the dirt.
Besides, this cleaning is much more convenient than scrubbing for hours. Before buying steam cleaners, check the nozzles and specifications. Not all types are effective for shower tiles cleaning.
2. Baking Soda with bleach
Hot water streaming may loosen the grime particles and rinse off the dirt. Still, the process can leave certain strains on your tiles sometimes. In this case, you have to bring some potent compounds like baking soda and bleach mixture. This strong cleaning solution is specially used for shower tiles.
- First, wear gloves to protect your hands from bleach
- Take a small bowl and add the compounds
- Add the quantity in 2 (baking soda): 1 (bleach) ratio
- Now mixture the compounds properly
- After preparing the paste, use it directly into your strains, and grout lines.
- Leave the paste on the tiles until it dries completely.
- Apply cold water, and rinse off the paste from the surface
- If the certain paste doesn’t come off, use a soft sponge to remove
Try this method and you see effective results.
Cautions: avoid using the mixture if you have porcelain tiles, otherwise your shower blocks can lose protective coating. Besides, you should wear a mask while using the bleach paste.
3. Baking Soda and Vinegar mixture
Baking soda is used to clean many room surfaces. Indeed, this food item is known as mild alkali that dissolves dirt and grease easily from the water. Besides, it also helps to eliminate foul odor from surfaces.
On the other hand, vinegar contains strong acidic compounds. It helps to eliminate mineral deposits, dirt, grease, and grime from the tiles.
Baking soda works better specifically on tile grouts. How to apply, discuss below
- Take a small bowel
- Add 2 cup baking soda
- Add 1 cup of water
- Mix them and prepare a thick paste
- Apply the paste on your dirty tiles or where you want
- Now pour few drops of vinegar on the areas
- Let it dry for an hour
- After That, simply rinse off the surface with normal water
Note: – The solution is much more effective than any other cleaning agent. When you put vinegar on the paste, you see bubbles coming out of the tiles. It confirms the vinegar reacts with baking soda and starts cleaning the surface from depth.
4. Vinegar and Dishwashing Soap
Vinegar is a neutral cleaning compound for your shower tiles. This cooking item is widely available in households and contains high acidity content. It helps to remove hard stains and dirt from the shower blocks. Due to their strong chemical compounds, you don’t need to scrub the tiles after applying. Vinegar is more effective when mixed with any dishwashing detergent.
- Add the same quantity of vinegar and detergent to a spray bottle
- Shake the liquid to mix well
Now apply the mixture directly on your shower tiles. It will break down the sticky dirt and soften the stains. Leave the liquid for 20 minutes on your tiles. Later you can rinse off the mixture and clean the tiles with a fresh towel. You can immediately see the results like never before.
Note: –Do not use vinegar directly on your tiles. Indeed the smell is not pleasant for everyone.
5. Clorox and hot water
Clorox is one of the harsh cleaning agents in the market. It should be only used when your tiles develop dirt and stain for months and years. In this stage, grimes became impossible to remove with normal solutions. Clorox bleach contains strong acidic compounds so never use it directly on your tiles. Instead, you can mix hot water with the substance. Below are the steps to use this solution.
- Wear gloves and a mask while using Clorox bleach
- Bring a small tub
- Add one cup of Clorox and four cups of warm water
- Mix the solution properly
- Pour it on your dirty tiles
- Leave the place for half an hour
Strong acidic compounds effectively remove hard stains and dirt from the tiles. Besides, it also ensures no mold and mildew build up in the future.
Note: – only use the mixture for an annual deep cleaning session.
6. Phosphoric Acid Cleaner
Using a Phosphoric Acid Cleaner is another solution you can try to clean Shower Tiles Without Scrubbing. This is one of the harsh cleaning agents that helps to clean certain stubborn stains on narrow tile places. Phosphoric Acid Cleaner is compatible with different surfaces. So the compound doesn’t hurt your tile quality.
Still, you should wear gloves and masks while using these cleaning agents. The process is simple, pour the Phosphoric Acid on your tiles and leave it for minutes. After that, rinse off the surface with normal water and you see the result.
7. Use Other alkaline Cleaners
If you don’t wanna clean shower tiles with dirt, grouts, mild, and stains by yourself, buy alkaline cleaners. However, we already mentioned a few alkaline agents like baking soda, borax, Clorox, and hydrogen peroxide. Still, you can buy other cleaning agents available in the market.
Most cleaners don’t take a lot of effort and one-time use is enough for the future. Different alkaline agents have specification instructions to use. Read the guidelines properly and apply those cleaners for fresh and hygienic shower tiles.
8. Borax and Hydrogen
Borax and hydrogen peroxide are the strong cleaning agents in the market. This should be your last option to Clean Shower Tiles Without Scrubbing. Sometimes, the dirt or stain becomes so stubborn that you don’t want to leave your tiles. So you may think about scrubbing the blocks, before that checkout the steps.
- First apply borax on your tiles.
- Always ensure the composition is poured on every stain and dirt on tiles.
- Now leave the area for about five hours.
- Borax alkaline mineral strongly works on stains and cleans the area
- After five hours, apply the hydrogen peroxide on your tiles over the borax
- Now left the area for two additional hours
- After That, simply rinse off the tiles with normal water
- This process will definitely remove the sticky stain and dirt from the tiles
Note: –always wear a mask and gloves while using such strong cleaning agents.
Avoid Products for Shower Tiles Cleaning
The above homemade solutions are enough to clean your shower tiles effectively without scrubbing. If you don’t want to damage your tiles, avoid using the products below.
- Using abrasives on tiles can cause stains and damage on the surface. It will ruin the natural coating and texture of your shower blocks
- Do not use bleach or other chemical compounds directly on your tiles. Strong acidic compounds can dissolve the color of these blocks
- Powder acids also cause blockage in your draining system
- Harsh acidic cleaners should be used after months or years
How to Keep Shower Tiles Dirt and Grime Free
- Sweep or vacuum the shower room regularly. It helps to prevent dust particles from getting stuck in shower blocks
- Keep things organized and use a trash can to store the debris in the shower room
- Apply strong acidic cleaners after a few months on the shower tiles. It will remove strong build-up of stain and grime particles
- Be conscious of human hairs that mostly cause clogged drains.
Remember, hard scrubbing can stain and damage your shower tiles. Regular cleaning and seeping are vital to keep the blocks maintained. Try to organize items that prevent dirt and grime build-ups. Above we mentioned strong harsh cleaning agents for stubborn dirt and stain. Use these compounds only when required. Otherwise, your tiles end up with damage and discolor. Besides, you should always clean the tiles with a soft microfiber cloth. It will effectively remove soft dirt and absorb odors.