Vizio TV is the most popular television brand in the USA. 4K HDR display and multiple device compatibility are the common features of these devices. With a simple click of buttons, you can start streaming your personal devices’ content on it. However, many users complain that their Vizio TV not Turning On.
In case, you may face this issue too. Don’t worry. You just need to check a few things. Inspect the remote if working or not, plug and unplug the connection, and power cycle your TV or restart it.
However, there are more things to check to solve this issue. Many unclear reasons can develop in your Vizio TV. So, you need clear guidance to perform the fixing. Here we have covered everything you need to do. Try each step one by one carefully.
How to Fix If Vizio TV Not Turning ON?
Below are the 9 things you should check properly before replacing or buying a new Vizio TV. We start with some minor fixing to look at first. After that, we went to advanced fixing to turn on Vizio TV such as Physical damage, software problems, and other technical issues that can cause turn-on issues.
1. Have You Checked Your Remote?
A wireless remote is a common device we use to operate Vizio TV. Similarly, a bad remote is a typical problem that most users overlook. Low battery, internal damage, and other faults in the remote can cause Vizio TV not to turn on. So below are the inspections you should go through.
- A dying or dead battery is a common problem that most wireless remote faces. In this case, you should check the voltage of the batteries.
- Use a voltmeter and check the power.
- If the voltage goes down below 1.3 volts, you should replace them.
2. Reinsert or Replace the Batteries of Remote
Sometimes, batteries include the voltage, but the remote needs to be fixed. In this case, follow the below methods
- Remove batteries from the Vizio remote
- Press and hold the remote’s power button for 15 seconds
- Now insert the batteries and try to turn on the TV
- This process will power back the remote
3. Unplug and Plug in the TV
If there are no remote or battery issues, try this simple plug-and-unplug method. The fixing may sound obvious, but loosely connected power cords can cause Vizio TV turn-on issues. So follow the below steps to plug and unplug your device.
- First, unplug the power cord from the back of the TV
- Now wait for 60 seconds before plugging in
- During that time, hold Vizio TV’s power button for 30 seconds ( located back side of the device)
- After 60 seconds, plug in the cord and turn on your TV
Note: – Holding the power button can drain all the power left in the TV. That’s how your device can take a soft reset and connect again more efficiently.
4. Power Cycle Your Vizio TV
This is another easiest way to give life to your Vizio TV. Power cycling the device fixes issues with software or booting functions. So follow the steps below.
- Before power cycling, ensure the device is not in standby mode. ( Otherwise, your TV can flash a red indicator )
- Unplug the cable from your electric outlet
- Now, wait for a couple of seconds before plug-in
- Put the cable back and turn on your Vizio TV
This process also helps to restore power and bring life to the tv screen.
5. Check The Power Cord
If power cycling the TV doesn’t work in your favor, check the power cord. Damaged or defective cables can also restrict the device from turning on. There is no complex process for this inspection.
- Check the cables from both ends, if there is any physical damage.
- Take a multimeter and ensure the current passes through the cord or not.
Note: – If you find any damage, take a black tap and wrap the area. It will help to pass current easily from the cables.
6. Change Power Outlet
Perform all the steps? Still, your Vizio Tv is not turning on; change the power outlet. Damage or technical faults in power sources can cause unusual issues in devices. Before changing the power supply, follow the steps.
- Unplug your Vizio TV from the current outlet
- Bring a new device and check the power supply work for it
If everything is fine with your alternative device, there may be a fault with Vizio TV. So change the power outlet after ensuring the problem occurs in different devices.
7. Try Factory Reset
This should be your last option if Vizio TV is not Turning on after every step. A factory reset can delete all existing data and memory from the TV. This process mainly conducts to remove all software updates from the firmware. So that your Vizio TV will go to the “ new factory version” and remove all causes that restrict the power supply. Below is the step-by-step guide
- First, disconnect all the devices to your Vizio TV including routers, speakers, and others
- Using the remote, click on the Menu button
- Here you get an option called “System”; press it
- Now go to the reset and admin option
- Press it, and your TV will initiate factory reset
Note: – Sometimes, Vizio TV asks for the default code (four zeros – 0000) before restarting.
8. How to Factory Reset Vizio TV Manually?
This is the last thing we can do to resolve this issue. Possibly, this method solves all the technical issues of TVs. Follow the steps below even if you don’t have a remote.
- Unmount the TV or rotate it to get clear access to the back side panel
- Search for the input button and volume down button. You can use a manual guide to know the exact locations
- Now hold the buttons at the same time for 15 seconds and release
- Again hold the input button for 15 seconds
This process will start the factory reset and solve the turn-on issue.
9. Check Vizio TV Warranty
Nothing works in your favor every time. Technical Faults in electronic devices are common with age. But it hurts when we bring new TVs that start causing problems. So, if your Vizio TV is still not turning on, check the warranty. Contact customer care and describe your issue. If the device comes under the promise, they suggest repairing or replacing it. Take their .ve the issue with technical support.
Best Replacement for Faulty Vizio TV
If you don’t want to spend additional dollars on your existing TV, buy a new one. Check out below, the best budget Vizio TV available in the market for your replacement.
VIZIO 50-Inch M-Series TV
- 4K Ultra HD - Over 8 million pixels for...
- Dolby Vision Bright Mode You’ll see even more...
- Quantum Color - Next-generation QLED delivers...
- Full Array Backlight - Evenly distributed LEDs...
- IQ Active Processor - Delivers superior picture...
VIZIO 50-Inch M-Series 4K QLED HDR display with Voice Remote. Additionally, you get
- Dolby Vision
- HDR10+ connectivity
- Alexa Compatibility
- VRR with AMD FreeSync
This is a complete Smart TV for current generations.
Also Check: Who Makes Vizio TVs? Is Vizio a Good Brand?
FAQs: Vizio TV Not Turning On
Below are the most asked questions related to the topic. Drop down to get your quick answers.
Q. What is Vizio black screen of death?
Sudden loss in television screens is mostly called the black screen of death. Several problems can cause this. However, the most common reasons are loose connections and failure in the power supply board. A TV can include multiple power supply boards to run correctly.
Q. Is there a reset button on a Vizio TV?
You can find the reset button on the Vizio TV screen. For that, press the menu button using the TV remote. Now drive the cursor towards the system and push it. Here you get an option called reset and admin.
Q. Why won’t my TV turn on but has power?
Old TV or outdated software mainly cause the issue. These devices can’t collect power from the outlet due to internal causes. If you face the problem, unplug the TV and put it back after a few minutes. This process gives time to your device and helps to restore the power supply correctly.
Q. How do I know if my TV fuse is blown?
- Using a screwdriver, open the fuse holder cap.
- Now remove the fuse and check the wires
- If there has a gap between wires or a dark inside, your fuse may need to change or replace
Q. How long does Vizio TV last?
This is a long-lasting TV brand in the USA. On average, a Vizio TV can last more than five to eight years. However, the life span can depend on your regular usage and maintenance.
Q. Are Vizio TVs repairable?
Obviously, Vizio TVs can be repaired. If your Vizio Tv is under warranty while facing any issues, immediately contact your service provider. Otherwise, connect to your local technician for TV repair.
Hope these methods worked for your Vizio TV not turning on issue. As mentioned, there should be many reasons that developed this issue. Poor connection, physical damage, or technical faults can come with age. So you must connect with the technician to resolve this issue. However, minor reasons are mostly found behind the turn-on issue.
Leave a Reply