Smart LG tv allows you to connect to the internet and enjoy your favorite programs. All you need to do is turn on a router with a strong internet connection. By using the TV, remote users can connect to the device and start enjoying their free time. However, with this feature, many users face problems like “LG tv wifi turned off automatically or did not connect.”
Basically, Poor internet connection is the primary issue in this situation. In addition to it, several factors are also included that caused LG tv wifi to be turned off. To fix the problem, you must check the internet status, settings, and wires connection, or perform a factory reset.
Contacting LG support teams is the best option if nothing works for your device. However, in most cases, the following steps will remove the wifi turned-off problems in LG tv. Below is a detailed guide about why your smart LG TV wifi starts turning off, How to turn it on with or without a remote, and other related information.
Why is My LG tv wifi turned off?
As mentioned, poor internet connection is the primary reason behind your LG tv wifi being turned off. Maybe there is a software issue if the connection and the signal are strong enough. Smart TV’s software needs to be updated timely. Some devices perform the task automatically, and some don’t. So you have to check the software status also.
Many old LG tv’s also developed some underlying issues. Wrong date, time, DNS setting, and software problems can also cause LG tv wifi to be turned off.
How to Fix “LG tv wifi turned off” -Troubleshooting Guide
For Reference, a video is provided for practical view to solve this problem. However, everything is mentioned below step by step
First, check whether the internet connection is on or off. If there is no problem, follow these 11 practical steps below.
Check The Wires located to the Wifi Module
Poor wire connection can also lead to the LG TV turning off. So it is essential to check the wiring status leading to the wifi module. Rotate the TV, remove the connector from the wifi module, and pull and plug in the wires correctly. Follow the recommended steps.
- First, you have to unscrew the back of your smart LG TV
- Find the wifi module
- You get a ribbon cable with the blue tape cover
- Remove the blue tape and straighten the wifi ribbon cable
- Similarly, fixed the other wires that seemed bent
Follow this first step to overcome the issue.
Check your Router
The problem with the Wifi router is also a primary reason behind LG TV wifi turning off. To check the status, follow the below steps
- Check if any other devices have access to the internet
- Check wifi passwords if correct or not
- Ensure that your TV does not follow different WIFI frequencies and cause the issue
- Check if the router starts blocking your LG TV’s wifi connection
- Lastly, you should reboot the router. It will refresh the network address and solve the issue.
How do you reset the router? Check below.
Reboot the Router
Rebooting or restarting your router helps to connect to the internet easily. This process refreshes your TV’s network address. So follow the process below
- First, ensure the the router is plugged in
- You get the reset button on the back of the device
- Use a finger top or paperclip to hold the button
- Hold it for 30 seconds
- Release the button
- Wait for a few seconds; your device will power back on
After rebooting, the router always waits for a few minutes. It will refresh the address and smoothly connect to your LG TVs wifi. Besides rebooting, you can also unplug the device and wait for minutes before the plugin.
Power Cycling The TV or Restart it
If the router has no issues check the LG TV connection. Sometimes outdated software can cause LG tv wifi to be turned off. So follow the process and bring back your TV’s connection
- Unplug the TV from your power outlet
- Wait for a few minutes
- Plug in the TV connection and wait for about two minutes
- Press the power button and turn on the TV
This is a similar process when a phone starts hanging or goes slow.
Check wifi settings
Checking the wires, Restarting the router and TV doesn’t solve the wifi turned off? Maybe there is an issue in the wifi setting. Before checking the wifi setting, make sure your TV’s saved network name and password are correct. After that, check the following points
- Ensure if the TV’s wifi is turned on or not
- Go to the TV’s home screen and choose the setting
- Scroll down, and you get the “network” option
- If the router’s name and password is saved, click it to connect
- If the network is not listed, press the left arrow button
- Your router name will pop up
- Click and enter the password (if you have)
- Choose connect
Check DNS Setting
Keeping the DNS server maintained is also vital for wifi turned-off issues. It helps to convert server names into IP addresses. To rectify the setting, follow the methods below.
- Find the menu button on the TV and press it
- Now Click on the setting in the TV screen
- Press all settings and go on “network.”
- Find and press Wifi-connection
- Go to the advanced wifi setting
- Now click on edit
- Enter an Ip in the address box
- Now enter the DNS address and press connect
Change Date and Time Settings
Sometimes, date and time settings can also cause underlying issues in the LG TV. so the steps to change the date and time settings
- Go to Setting in the TV home screen
- Choose general
- Go to the date and time section
- Turn off automatic fixing
- Set your local date and time manually
Turn Off Quick Start/ Simplink Features
It is better to rectify all possible reasons that may cause wifi turned-off issues. So also turn off quick start features in your LG TV.
- Using the remote> go to the setting option
- Click on all settings
- Then general and Quick Start/ Simplink option
- Turn off the feature
- Now turn off the TV
- Wait a few minutes
- Turn on and check
Update The Software
Outdated software in smart TVs also causes wifi issues. To check the software status, follow the below methods step by step.
- Go to the general menu from your TV home screen
- Scroll down and go to the “about this TV” options
- Ensure that auto updates are ON
- Now click on “check updates.”
- If any updates are available click and follow the download process
- Install new update
Try Factory Reset
If no troubleshooting works for LG tv wifi turned off, here’s the last option. Try a factory reset that removes everything from your device and starts fresh again. Remember, this process will eliminate all corrupt or essential data from your device. Besides, it also ensures the TV is updated with the latest software. So here are the tips for LG TV factory reset.
- Bring your TV remote and press the power button
- Click on the setting icon located on your home screen
- Go to the general
- You will find “factory data reset.”
- Press and select YES
- Follow the instructions that pop up on your screen
After Factory reset, turn off or plug out the TV. Wait a few minutes and turn on the device to check the current status.
Change Country Setting
It is not necessary but sometimes works to fix the wifi issue. To change the country setting, follow the below methods.
- Go to the general icon from your home screen menu
- Uncheck “automatic location set.”
- Select any country except the previous one
- Click on YES
- Now change the original country manually (By ensuring the country auto-set unchecked)
How to Turn On WiFi in LG TV
You should find the right way to turn on Wifi on LG TV. If there are no technical issues, the task will be done smoothly. So below are the steps
- First, turn on your wifi router
- Bring your TV remote and press the Smart button
- Go to the home menu
- Click on Settings Icon
- Now Select Network
- You Get Wifi connection; click it
- Select your wifi network from the list which you want to connect
- Enter the correct Password and Select Connect
Follow the process step by step; your smart LG Tv will easily connect to the internet.
How to Turn On WiFi on LG TV Without Remote
Sometimes, we lose the remote for our smart LG TV. In this case, many users find connecting wifi to the TV challenge. So here are the tips to Turn On Wifi on an LG tv without a remote.
- First, bring a compatible Mouse
- Using the TV USB port, connect your mouse
- Now click on the physical button
- Click on the input option to open a new window
- Avoiding several options, click on Live TV
- Now move your cursor to the right side of the home screen menu
- Select the recommended icon
- A message will pop up “You are not connected to the Wifi.”
- Now follow the onscreen instruction and go to the further steps
- Click on your router SSID
- Enter the right password
- After all the steps are done, save the instruction for later use
Following the above steps, you can connect LG TV to Wi-Fi without a remote. If the connection doesn’t work, maybe there is a software or hardware issue.
Remember, poor internet connection is the primary reason behind the problem. Software and hardware issues are also included. You should check the connection first; then, you can follow our above fixing steps accordingly. This smart LG tv’s added advanced features that perform many automatic functions. You can turn off the feature if there seems to be an issue with the device.